From Basics to High Tech
MVTec’s software solution HALCON offers the full set of standard machine vision technologies. Beyond that, HALCON provides many unique features.
HALCON offers the largest variety of robust matching techniques for any task
- Correlation-based matching (NCC)
- Shape-based matching
- Component-based matching
- Descriptor-based matching
- Perspective and local deformable matching
- Shape- and surface-based 3D matching
- Deformable surface-based 3D matching
HALCON enters the next dimension with revolutionary methods for 3D vision
- Multi-view 3D calibration
- 3D alignment
- 3D matching
- 3D surface comparison
- Circle pose
- Rectangle pose
- 3D reconstruction
- Multi-view stereo
- Depth from focus
- Sheet of light
- 3D object processing
- 3D primitives fitting
- 3D scene flow
HALCON contains many more unique techniques
- Sample-based identification capable of differentiating a large number of objects
- Arbitrarily shaped regions of interest (ROIs) for significant flexibility and speed
- Extremely fast morphology and a wide set of subpixel-accurate methods
- Reading of bar codes and data codes with maximum robustness to occlusions and print quality
- Deep-learning-based OCR
- Processing of extremely large images (more than 32k x 32k) without a limit
- Automatic operator parallelization (AOP)
- Surface-based 3D matching to find locally deformed objects in 3D data
- Pretrained CNNs (Convolutional Neural Networks) for quickly building deep-learning-based applications
Complete Hardware Independence
HALCON supports many different operating systems and processors:
| Windows |
Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or higher
| Visual Studio 2005 or higher |
Visual Studio 2015 or higher
|Linux x86_64||Intel 64 or AMD64||gcc-4.8 or higher|
|Linux ARMv7-A||ARMv7-A with NEON support||gcc-4.8 or higher|
HALCON is optimized to profit from the possibilities of the hardware
HALCON utilizes SIMD, multi-core CPUs, and multiprocessor computers. Moreover, HALCON provides an efficient automatic GPU acceleration based on the OpenCL standard.
HALCON supports a multitude of different image acquisition devices
- Universal acquisition interfaces for all GigE Vision compliant cameras from Allied Vision, Automation Technology, Basler, Baumer, e2v, FLIR, GEViCAM, Hitachi, IDS Imaging, Imperx, JAI, Kappa optronics, MATRIX VISION, Mikrotron, NET, odos imaging, Photonfocus, Pleora, Point Grey, Sentech, SMARTEK Vision, Sony, SVS-VISTEK, Tattile, Teledyne DALSA, The Imaging Source, Toshiba Teli, Vieworks, XENICS, and others.
- Universal acquisition interfaces for all USB3 Vision compliant cameras from Basler, Baumer, IDS Imaging, MATRIX VISION, Point Grey, Toshiba Teli, XIMEA, and others.
- Universal acquisition interfaces for all GenICam GenTL compliant boards or cameras from Active Silicon, Allied Visiion, LMI, IDS Imaging, MATRIX VISION, MATRIX VISION, VRmagic, XIMEA, and others.
- Universal acquisition interface for all IIDC 1394 (FireWire) compliant cameras from Allied Vision, Basler, Baumer, Hitachi, Kappa, Imaging Solutions Group, Kappa optronics, NET, PixeLINK, Point Grey, Sony, The Imaging Source, Toshiba Teli, and others.
- Universal acquisition interface for all capture devices with DirectShow, TWAIN or Video4Linux driver.
- Specific acquisition interface for cameras and frame grabber boards from ABS, ADLINK, Andor, Basler, BitFlow, Bluetechnix, Crevis, Daheng, Euresys, IDS, Leuze, LinX, Lumenera, MATRIX VISION, Matrox, MESA Imaging, Opteon, PixeLINK, Sentech, SICK, Silicon Software, Teledyne DALSA, and VRmagic.
HALCON supports a multitude of different digital I/O devices
- Universal digital I/O interfaces for all OPC UA and OPC Classic compliant devices.
- Specific digital I/O interfaces for digital I/O devices from Advantech, Contec, Interface, National Instruments.
- Additional digital I/O devices can be integrated easily via a generic interface.
Thus, HALCON enables scenarios of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) as well as agile production processes, increasing production efficiency (e.g., by predictive maintenance). Here, HALCON communicates with the respective system servers as an OPC UA client.
Image Acquisition Partner Program - in order to provide the best possible integration of hardware and software for the customer, MVTec cultivates close partnerships to a large number of suppliers of image acquisition devices.