Recognizing objects is the basis for practically any machine-vison-based automation task: only when objects are identified they can be assigned to categories and processed accordingly. In object recognition applications, knowledge about the types of objects present in an image is more important than their exact position. The information about the object type can be used in various ways, e.g., for simple classification (apple vs. orange), counting or completeness checks.
Very specific application examples are
- Detecting weeds for a more controlled application of herbicides in farming
- Checking if biscuit bags are filled correctly in food production
- Commissioning of goods in logistics industry
- Sorting and packing of pills and drugs in pharma industry
- Checking the correct loading of workpiece carriers in automotive production
- Ensuring that PCBs are assembled correctly in electronic components manufacturing
- Classification of bacteria cultures in, e.g., health care and science
- Sorting waste (plastic, wood, etc.) in the recycling industry
Read more about the technologies, you will find in our software products to help you with your object recognition applications:
Read more about how machine vision could be helpful in your industry or take a look at our customers success stories to find specific examples of the applications.