From Basics to High Tech
MVTec’s software solution HALCON offers the full set of standard machine vision technologies. Beyond that, HALCON provides many unique features.
HALCON offers a huge range of latest deep learning technologies
In combination with its large variety of rule-based methods, HALCON offers a huge range of the latest deep learning technologies. The result is a unique, completely integrated toolbox. The deep learning functions include:
- Deep-learning-based OCR
- Pretrained CNNs (Convolutional Neural Networks) for
quickly building deep-learning-based applications
- Object detection, also considering the objects' orientation
- Semantic segmentation
- Labeling of data
- HALCON's deep learning inference can be executed on GPUs, on CPUs, and on Arm® processors.
HALCON offers the largest variety of robust matching techniques for any task
- Correlation-based matching (NCC)
- Shape-based matching
- Component-based matching
- Descriptor-based matching
- Perspective and local deformable matching
- Shape- and surface-based 3D matching
- Deformable surface-based 3D matching
HALCON enters the next dimension with revolutionary methods for 3D vision
- Multi-view 3D calibration
- 3D alignment
- 3D matching
- 3D surface comparison
- Circle pose
- Rectangle pose
- 3D reconstruction
- Multi-view stereo
- Depth from focus
- Sheet of light
- 3D object processing
- 3D primitives fitting
- 3D scene flow
HALCON contains many more unique techniques
- Sample-based identification capable of differentiating a large number of objects
- Arbitrarily shaped regions of interest (ROIs) for significant flexibility and speed
- Extremely fast morphology and a wide set of subpixel-accurate methods
- Reading of bar codes and data codes with maximum robustness to occlusions and print quality
- Processing of extremely large images (more than 32k x 32k) without a limit
- Automatic operator parallelization (AOP)
- Surface-based 3D matching to find locally deformed objects in 3D data
Complete Hardware Independence
HALCON supports many different operating systems and processors:
| Windows |
Intel® Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or higher
| Visual Studio 2005 or higher |
Visual Studio 2015 or higher
|Linux x86_64||Intel 64 or AMD64||gcc-4.8 or higher|
|Linux ARMv7-A||ARMv7-A with NEON support||gcc-4.8 or higher|
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
HALCON is optimized to profit from the possibilities of the hardware
HALCON utilizes SIMD, multi-core CPUs, and multiprocessor computers. Moreover, HALCON provides an efficient automatic GPU acceleration based on the OpenCL standard.
HALCON supports a multitude of different image acquisition devices
- Universal acquisition interfaces for all GigE Vision compliant cameras from Allied Vision, Automation Technology, Basler, Baumer, Daheng, e2v, FLIR, Gardasoft, Hitachi, IDS Imaging, Imperx, JAI, Kappa optronics, MATRIX VISION, Mikrotron, NET, odos imaging, Photonfocus, Pleora, Quelltech, Roboception, Sentech, SICK, SMARTEK Vision, Sony, SVS-VISTEK, Tattile, Teledyne DALSA, The Imaging Source, Toshiba Teli, Vieworks, wenglorMEL, XENICS, and others.
- Universal acquisition interfaces for all USB3 Vision compliant cameras from Allied Vision, Basler, Baumer, Daheng, FLIR, IDS Imaging, JAI, MATRIX VISION, NET, Sentech, The Imaging Source, Toshiba Teli, XIMEA, and others.
- Universal acquisition interfaces for all GenICam GenTL compliant boards or cameras from Active Silicon, ADLINK, Allied Visiion, Basler, Baumer, Euresys, Gidel, KAYA Instruments, LMI, IDS Imaging, MATRIX VISION, Nerian, NET, Roseek, Silicon Software, SmartRay, SICK, VRmagic, XIMEA, ZividLabs, and others.
- Universal acquisition interface for all IIDC 1394 (FireWire) compliant cameras from Allied Vision, Basler, Baumer, FLIR, Hitachi, Kappa, Imaging Solutions Group, Kappa optronics, NET, PixeLINK, Sony, The Imaging Source, Toshiba Teli, and others.
- Universal acquisition interface for all capture devices with DirectShow, TWAIN or Video4Linux driver.
- Specific acquisition interface for cameras and frame grabber boards from ABS, ADLINK, Andor, Basler, BitFlow, Bluetechnix, Crevis, Daheng, Enseo, Euresys, heliotis, IDS, ifm, Leuze, LinX, Lumenera, MATRIX VISION, Matrix BV, Matrox, Opteon, PixeLINK, Photoneo, Raytrix, Sentech, SICK, Silicon Software, Teledyne DALSA, and VRmagic.
HALCON supports a multitude of different digital I/O devices
- Universal digital I/O interfaces for all OPC UA and OPC Classic compliant devices.
- Specific digital I/O interfaces for digital I/O devices from Advantech, Contec, Interface, National Instruments.
- Additional digital I/O devices can be integrated easily via a generic interface.
Thus, HALCON enables scenarios of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) as well as agile production processes, increasing production efficiency (e.g., by predictive maintenance). Here, HALCON communicates with the respective system servers as an OPC UA client.
Image Acquisition Partner Program - in order to provide the best possible integration of hardware and software for the customer, MVTec cultivates close partnerships to a large number of suppliers of image acquisition devices.
Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All rights reserved.