MVTec Software GmbH is actively involved in the scientific community in various ways, thus supporting the exchange of ideas between academia and industry regarding machine vision.
For example, the company sponsors the DAGM MVTec Dissertation Award of the German Association for Pattern Recognition (DAGM). Moreover, we regularly sponsor scientific conferences.
MVTec is honored that some of our staff members have served in official roles in different scientific societies.
Additionally, the company plays an active role in organizing scientific conferences, as some colleagues take part in the program committees or as reviewers.
Involvement in scientific societies
International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS):
- 1996-2000: Commission III: Theory and Algorithms, Working Group III/4: Image Understanding/Object Recognition: Wolfgang Eckstein (Chair), Carsten Steger (Secretary)
- 2000-2004: Commission III: Theory and Algorithms, Working Group III/5: Algorithms for Industrial Vision: Carsten Steger (Chair)
Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Mustererkennung (DAGM; German Association for Pattern Recognition):
- 2013-2019: Carsten Steger (member of the Technical Committee)
Involvement in program committees
- 2000-2001: Workshop on Empirical Evaluation Methods in Computer Vision (Carsten Steger)
- 2004: XXth ISPRS Congress, Commission III (Carsten Steger)
- 2014-2017: German Conference on Pattern Recognition (Carsten Steger)
- 2016-2017: International Workshop on Recovering 6D Object Pose (Carsten Steger)
Sponsoring of conferences
- German Conference on Pattern Recognition (GCPR)
- European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV)
- International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV)
- IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR)