HALCON in the Cloud
At MVTec we want to support any platform our customers need, be it Windows or Linux, x86 or ARM and also Cloud. We have launched a pilot program that allows you to run your HALCON application in any public cloud.
CLOUD Concept features
- Cloud licensing server
- Support for Docker and other virtual environments
- Support for any public cloud
- Scalability of HALCON runtimes
- Scalability: Adapt storage capacities and computing power to current demand.
- Cost efficiency: You only pay for what you use.
- Reliability: Cloud providers guarantee a very high level of stability.
- Central storage and processing: Easy access to resources from decentralized locations.
Cloud Applications in Machine Vision
Big amounts of data are processed and stored centrally in the cloud.
- Deep learning model training
- Batch image processing of large amounts of images
- Image mining
HALCON is used to build a machine vision web service. An image is posted to a cloud server running HALCON. The result is returned to the edge device.
- Machine vision tools like an OCR, bar code or data code service
- Image analysis service
- Image classification and storage service
Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Pipeline
Use HALCON in the cloud for the state-of-the-art CI/CD pipeline of your HALCON applications.
- Auto testing
- Unit testing
- Performance testing
- Integration testing
When is cloud the right solution for you?
As we have learned with our cloud pilot customers, machine vision in the cloud is the best fit when at least one of the following criteria is met:
- High processing power required
- Variation of the needed processing power
- Not real-time critical
- Distributed image sources – centralized processing
- Virtualized hardware platform
- Organizational drive towards cloud
Let's talk about your application
Please contact us via email or fill in our contact form.